BTL EMSELLA urinary incontinence treatment
The BTL EMSELLA chair is a revolutionary non-invasive and comfortable physiotherapy treatment for:
- Men or women suffering from urinary incontinence.
- Mothers with stress incontinence following childbirth.
- Women with decreased sexual satisfaction.
Endorsed by highly regarded gynaecologists worldwide the results of the BTL EMSELLA treatment are truly impressive in improving quality of life.
How BTL EMSELLA works
The pelvic floor muscles support the pelvic floor organs and control continence. However, natural body aging, childbirth and menopause can cause this group of muscles to decondition resulting in continence problems such as leaking urine when coughing or sneezing.
The BTL EMSELLA treatment uses High Intensity Focused ElectroMagnetic Energy (HIFEM) to stimulate and strengthen all the pelvic floor muscles, not just the subset that can be exercised with voluntary contractions (Kegel exercises). These stronger pelvic floor muscles restore continence and the confidence to enjoy normal daily activities without fear of losing bladder control.
During each 28-minute session you sit comfortably on the Emsella chair while it generates thousands of supramaximal pelvic floor muscle contractions. Each session is equivalent to doing 11000 pelvic floor exercises but without the hard work!
The procedure is non-invasive, and you remain fully clothed throughout. No drugs are required and the most you will feel is a slight tingling during the treatment. With no recovery time needed you can leave immediately after each session and resume normal daily activity.
The majority of people need a course of six sessions over a period of three weeks to see optimum results, with most people seeing and feeling results after just two or three treatment sessions.
Benefits of the BTL EMSELLA treatment
- Repairs and tightens pelvic floor helping men and women to regain bladder control.
- Strengthened pelvic floor muscles improve women’s sexual satisfaction and the ability to achieve orgasm.
- Improvement can be observed after a single session with results improving over the treatment period.
- Non-invasive procedure with no recovery time.
- You remain fully clothed throughout treatment.
- Walk in and walk out the same day.
- No pain – you can chat or read a book whilst undergoing treatment.
EMSELLA Chair FAQs
Your exact treatment plan will be tailored to your needs. For optimum results, most people need a course of six sessions, with 2 sessions per week over a period of three weeks.
In extreme cases, further sessions are required, but otherwise, a maintenance session every three to twelve months is enough.
Most people see and feel results after just two or three treatment sessions. Mild signs and sensations may be noticeable after your first session, but it will take several sessions before you begin to observe the full effect on your symptoms.
How long the effects of your treatment last depend on the severity of your symptoms at the start. Most people will notice a positive effect on symptoms for up to one year.
Treatment sessions are approximately 30 minutes long, and the procedure is not at all painful. You can either bring a friend or family member along to chat to during the treatment or read a book or magazine if you would prefer.
During treatment, some patients feel the tensing and relaxing of the pelvic floor muscles which has been described as a similar feeling to doing Kegel exercises.
Better results can be achieved faster due to the intensity and coverage that can be achieved using the EMSELLA chair.
- The EMSELLA chair stimulates powerful contractions of the entire pelvic floor musculature. Not just the subset that can be exercised with Kegel exercises.
- Each 28-minute session in the chair is equivalent to doing 11000 pelvic floor exercises.
The cost of the EMSELLA treatment is:
- €200 per session.
- €1200 for a course of 6 sessions.
Find out more about the science behind BTL EMSELLA and the effectiveness of the treatment.